9Cr18Mo steel is a Chinese GB standard martensitic stainless steel, after quenching, it has high hardness and wear resistance high temperature and low temperature dimensional stability. 9Cr18Mo stainless steel has similar properties and uses as 9Cr18, but has higher heat resistance and tempering resistance after quenching, Molybdenum (Mo) can increase the passivation effect of stainless steel.
9Cr18Mo Steel Chemical Composition
The following table shows the chemical compostion of 9Cr18Mo steel (102Cr17Mo)
|Chemical Composition (%)|
|Standard||Steel Grade||C||Si (≤)||Mn (≤)||P (≤)||S (≤)||Ni (≤)||Cr||Mo|
|GB/T 1220 – 2007 (year)||9Cr18Mo|
- 9Cr18Mo (old designation) = 102Cr17Mo (new designation)
- The value in parentheses is the maximum value that can be added or allowed.
Mechanical Properties of 102Cr17Mo Steel
- Material Rockwell hardness: ≥55 HRC (Quenching and tempering)
- Material Brinell hardness: ≤269 HRC (steel bar after annealing)
Typical Heat Treatment Specification
- Annealing temperature of steel bars: 800-900℃ (Slow cooling)
- Sample quenching temperature: 1000-1050℃ (Oil)
- Sample tempering temperature: 200-300℃ (Air)
9Cr18Mo steel equivalent to US ASTM, ISO, European EN, Germany DIN, United Kingdom BS, France NF, Japanese JIS standard for reference.
|9Cr18Mo steel equivalent grade|
|DIN EN 10088-3||X105CrMo17|
|BS EN 10088-3||X105CrMo17|
|NF EN 10088-3||X105CrMo17|
|ISO 683-17||X108CrMo17||JIS G 4303||SUS 440C|
Applications of 9Cr18Mo Stianless Steel
9Cr18Mo steel is mainly used to manufacture parts in friction and corrosive media, such as mechanical cutting tools, shearing tools, knives, surgical blades, bearing rings and balls, valve parts, nozzles, measuring tools and other high wear-resistant parts.