95Cr18 (9Cr18 steel) is a high-carbon high chromium martensitic stainless steel, which has improved corrosion resistance compared to Cr17 steel, and other properties are similar to those of Cr17.
95Cr18 is the new name of 9Cr18, that is to say, 9Cr18 = 95Cr18.
9Cr18 stainless steel mainly used in the manufacture of corrosion resistant high strength wear resistant components such as shafts, pumps, valve parts, rods, springs, fasteners, etc. Due to the extremely easy formation of non-uniform carbides in the steel, which affects the quality and performance of the steel, attention should be paid to the production.
Datasheet and Specification
The chemical composition, mechanical properties, and physical properties are given in the following datasheet.
95Cr18, 9Cr18 Stainless Steel Chemical Composition
|9Cr18 Chemical Composition %|
|Steel Grade||C||Si (≤)||Mn (≤)||P (≤)||S (≤)||Cr||Ni (≤)|
Mechanical Properties of 9Cr18 Steel
- Material HRC Hardness: ≥ 55 (Quenching and tempering);
- Material HBW Hardness: ≤ 255 (Annealing)
- Density (g/cm3): 7.70
- Melting point: 1377-1510
- Specific heat capacity (J/Kg·K): 480 at 0-100℃
- Thermal conductivity (W/m·K): 29.3 at 100℃
- Coefficients of linear thermal expansion (10-6/K):
- 10.5 (0-100℃)
- 12.0 (0-500℃)
- Electrical Resistivity (μΩ·m): 0.60 at 20℃
- Longitudinal modulus of elasticity (kN/mm2): 200 at 20℃.
- Magnetic: Yes
Heat Treatment Specification
- Annealing: 800 – 920 ℃ (Slow cooling)
- Quenching: 1000 – 1050 ℃ (Oil cooling)
- Tempering: 200 – 300 ℃ (Oil or air cooling)
(95Cr18) 9Cr18 steel equivalent to US ASTM, Japanese JIS, European Germany DIN and France NF standard for reference.
|GB/T 1220||9Cr18 (95Cr18)||AISI,|
|440C||DIN EN 10088-3;|
|X105CrMo17 (1.4125)||JIS G4303||SUS 440C||NF A35-572,|
|Z100CD17||EN 10088-3||X105CrMo17 (1.4125)|